3.03.2007

My Second Home in UAE

i was supposed to be just going for a 3-month stint in Dubai on May 2002... and now it is 2007, and we are already celebrating our 5th anniversary! wow, how time flies...

being a BS Food Technology graduate and having part of my work experience in product development, my first mission was to assist the food service department when Adventureland (family entertainment center) opened last Feb 2002... it was cut-short when the then marketing officer resigned and the post was opened. spending most of my working years in the philippines in the marketing field made me more at ease with this new mission rather than the first.

Marketing-wise, it was much different! i can say it was a blast! being part of the pioneering team, marketing was in full gear-- from tri-media to local store promotions to PR relations! this was my dream-come-true work and i've been a part of the department for 3 years, with our major accolade as being the Anchor (of the Mall) of the Year Awardee for 2004.

afterwhich, i shifted to other departments such as operations management, audit, hrd, admin, and general management as a whole. every step has been such a different world for me, adding multiples perspectives that i found useful not only at work, but for my personal life as well... with colleagues coming in and going out, and others coming back again... with different ball games at each period... with birthday, eids, christmases and ramadans coming in so fast... my life in Adventureland surely has been one heck of a roller coaster ride!

i'd always remember the faces of the happy kids complete with joyful shriekings that enlivens our center day-in day-out...

i'd always love the people i've worked with who has become good friends, and all the new friends i made from the different countries...

i'd always be thankful for the countless experiences that have pained me, but ultimately enriched me...

i'd always embrace the joys and the fun times i had with my workmates...

i'd always treasure the bosses who've never failed to support us, mentor us and share a good laugh with us... they are rare in this corporate world!

i'd always bring with me all the tricks of the trade that i learned, which i can apply even in the most mundane aspect of my life...

i'd always be thankful to God for the opportunity to see the face of this part of the world...

this is another rich chapter in my life that i'd surely remember with fondness and much thanksgiving

No comments: