9.03.2007

When God does not make sense...

how can i explain to my colleague that God makes sense, when in a span of 2 years, she lost her grandmom, grand dad, father and now, her precious son?


how can i tell my friends that God knows everything that is happening when we lost a friend, including her son, in a car crash with a drunk driver on a new year's eve?


how can i convince my relative that God is the healer, when her mom lost the battle (on the eve of my birthday) with a seemingly simple sickness?

how can i comfort my single friends when they ask why God does not give to them a good gift they were asking for for years?

how can i appease my brother who has ever since been struggling with financial indebtedness, and has never seemed to have barely made it through?

the never ending whys... i do not have the answer. the never ending tears and pain... i can only point them to God, who i believe that even when He seems to not makes sense, He still makes sense! no amount of my explanation to them can satisfy, because only He, in His own ways, can comfort us, open our eyes and make us at peace...

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

"Be still, and know that I am God" Ps 46:10.

******************************************************************************

i read the book "When God does not Make Sense" by James Dobson given to me by MD and PD, and it is very liberating! ;)

No comments: