11.13.2006

Evening with Friends


it all started when Manoleth gave us a CD of season 1. i am not much into watching TVs or series for that matter. i am more of a channel surfer, and i don't like being tied down for sitcoms which keeps unfinished endings... but this one really hooked me! and the good thing is, it is on DVD so i can choose when to end! haha! the bad side is, this gives me bad mornings from sleepless nights of marathons! got to tell you this is my first addiction after TGIS!


season 1 was so nice, so young, so witty, so funny that i went on to season 2. and season 2 is kinda developing the plots of the rachel-ross thing, and building up the characters. that brings me to season 3... and before i knew it, i've been finding my way thru the hypermarket for the next season! whew!


aside from the comic relief it gives me, it reminds me about many episodes of my life! it's like "hey, i've been there!". i buy a lot of phoebe's weird but insightful ideas! ross' sweetness to monica is something that reminds me of my brothers. but chandler's commitment-phobia just nailed down what i have long-ago known about guys. monica's obsessive compulsive thingy freaks me out sometimes! joey's low IQ antics used to tickle me, but it gets somehow irritiating in the long run. and rachel's practicality as a friend sometimes turns me off.


above are just some random comments i have for the characters. but to the story, i am all sold into it! well, not all, but some. i am not comfy with how easy they plunge in and out of a relationship! i am not cool with a lot of pre-marital sex things...


but here are the reasons why i love Friends... (1) they show me in a third-person point of view that friends will never be perfect, they will have their own 'charaters'. so just shrug off deficiencies and don't make issues out of mole hills. i like the way they show how forgiving ang forgetting can be a great glue for friendships. (2) they showed me that friendship built over the years should not be broken because of a guy or a girl. in hindsight, it is true! (3) they showed me that being cool, and a lot of good laugh will make you look younger and your friendship thicker! (4) they showed me that relationships have their seasons in your life... some will come, and some will go. and lastly (5) they showed me that friends are so rare, so take care of what you have! we will come to a point where we are so set with our ways and our circle of friends, that nurturing new ones will be a lot harder...


season 9 had its awkward episodes, and i really hate the joey-rachel part 2... but then again, there are 12 pool of brilliant writers who had made me happy for the last 3 months, so this one is forgivable! last night, i'm glad at how things worked out in the ending. we've been together for the past 3 months, and glad that ross and rachel got together!

hmmm, so what's next???





No comments: