1.20.2007

Lost in Translation


here in dubai, there are hundreds of languages spoken. but still, even if we talk on the same language, there are still thought barriers... as my friend Mano loves to say, "lost in translation"... and when this happens, don't we just feel frustrated? and doesn't it give birth to other problems? and many times, when we are at our rock bottom, we turn to friends in the hope of being understood when we can vaguely utter a word... but do they really understand what we have in mind when they unconsciously nod or pat our back? i do not underestimate the genuine friendly concerns, but in the end, the most that we can get from them are listening ears..


the other night, i realized the importance of talking to someone wherein there is no opportunity for being lost in translation.... that is, talking to my God, my Saviour, my Friend...

i was reading thru Romans for my daily devotions. and there were words which struck a chord in my heart. and just simultaneusly, i started pouring my heart out without even saying a word... i literally just cried and cried, resting in the though that He knows the very contents of my heart in between those sobs and prayers... i am glad that i do not need to expand nor explain explicitly to Him each thought that i have, because He knows it even before i say a word... isn't this very amazing and comforting? no fear of being misinterpreted...

and i was never wrong... the next day, I got an SMS message from my mom which answered one prayer. then later, a friend said something which confirmed that God answered my prayers across the globe... and later still, he answered a prayer for me...

not all prayers though were answered. but still, i rest in the comfort that God knows everything that is happening around me and around the prayers i muttered to Him. it can be in the "pending for the best time", or "no, not good for you", or "yes, this is for your benefit".

and one more thing... i am super greatful that He does not have ANY assistant at all, and we can have direct access to Him when we pray! this i started to appreciate with my many encounters with power-tripping assistants!!!

"Be still and know that I am God" Ps 46:10

No comments: