1.27.2007

Weekend Spree

finally i had a normal and nice weekend! weekends here means friday and saturday...

thursday night was with my girl friends for a sumptuous dinner at Noodle House (the best Chinese resto for me!) in Madinat Jumeirah, the newest toast of the Dubai hospitality industry. after that, we dropped by Trilogy - a 3-levelled bar where there's separate places for house music, hiphop and r&b, and jazz music, all under one roof! i liked the r&b place the best! it's a rip-off when you go there on a weekend as they charge between $20-30$ just for entry because they have invited DJ's who do (boring! for me at least) music mixes! we stayed for a copuple of minutes, just had a few drinks, and off we went back home... as one friend has to be out and about by 7 am as she needs to go to abu dhabi, and I need to go to the church the next day.



friday morning. went to church, and was fed with meaty preaching from Pastor Dan on the topic "Nothing is Impossible with God". the church is venturing into various local ministries, and the people need to be fully armed with everything needed for the battle.



afternoon, went back to the villa. with power brush, power hose, car soap and vacuum cleaner in tow, i mustered all my energy for an equivalent, but more productive, of a 30-min gym workout! i was so happy seeing my car shiny and smells clean! after that, a lunch prepared by my villa-mates were already waiting in the dining... wow, can life be more wonderful? haha!

late afternoon, i cleaned our dining and living room, and a colleague asked "is something wrong with you today?" haha! no, actually something was right! after that, went to my room, cleaned everything, washed my clothes, cleaned my ref... then i prepared my clothes-combination for the next 6 day. i am starting to do a weekly color motiff of my clothes so that it makes machine-washing more economical...

later still, after all the hard labor, rested on a hammock tied to a tree in our garden, while i talk to my mom and dad (it's Friday!) over the phone which lasted for almost an hour! wow, it must be the cool winter breeze and the lazy hammock ambiance..

evening, after being fed by Mano withj her sumptuous pork steak, and after cleaning up myself, i did some aromatherapy sessions... lit candles, dimmed lights, dipped my tired feet on the foot spa, and plugged on my fave Friends DVDs for re-runs... truly relaxing! later still, Mano joined me in watching The Devil Wears Prada which is a great movie we were able to relate to, while she herself does the foot spa this time...

at 12mn, i've called it a day... turned off the lights, played the Body and Soul music... and there i drifted off to dreamland....

this is my idea of a balanced, fun and mission- accomplished weekend... which i just get once-in-a-blue moon...

1 comment:

Cecile said...

what a great weekend!