4.12.2008

Grass is Greener

many times, it takes another person to point us to appreciate what we already have.

i met some friends from london, who had their one week vacation here in dubai. even before we finished our dinner, i have a pretty much clear picture of how unlikable london is. not that they are discouraging me from staying in london (i do not have plans anyways), but i guess, it is just pouring their hearts out as part of their "vacation". they kept comparing london to dubai. but the thing is, they see london in a microscopic lens, and they saw dubai in a macroscopic one. so, it's not a fair judgement at all! it's not comparing apples to apples.

then last friday, i had lunch with other girlfriends. talks about work tales, and worse, work woes! i told them "i think i'm liking these kinds of lunches coz it makes me appreciate my work more" ;) of course, it is too bad that it is at their expense!

but it all led me to confirm more this ever-pervasive disease of "grass is greener on the other side of the fence". always is, and will always be... and the antidote? Read Phil 4:11-13


"11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

No comments: