4.02.2008

Loving the Long History






i brought my pair of shoes to Minutes to fix the sole. i got a look that says "hey lady, why don't you buy a new pair?". i just blankly stared back at him.... i love my shoes, even if it really looks worn and torn after years of loyal service. it's my fave shoes-- tangerine color, right 2-inch heel and it's just sooo comfy ;)


i bought a pair of jeans last 2002, and until now, it is what i wear for special ocassions... i have a purse given to me by riza's mom years back, which is now already faded and really old, but i haven't changed it since... my bible has been with me since 93 given by my bro, and i wouldn't trade it for anything newer... i've this red tops i bought in HK last 98 which until now i wear for casual ocassions...

unlike most people, when i've new things, i do not take care of it so much more than i would an old stuff. i am not very 'new' fanatic, you know the kind most people usually are when they have new bags, new shoes, new things, new phone, new gadgets, treating it like it's so fragile, so immaculate... i don't freak out when it gets dirtied. actually the more i'd want it to be dirtied, crumpled, faded... weird huh?

there's something about old stuff that endears me. i like the worn-torn look. i like the old yucky smell. i like the signs of the years weathering the storms. i like the scratches... maybe it's the long history we've had together. or maybe i'm just typically sentimental...

No comments: