7.30.2007

Masterplanners


mano has been used to with so many masterplanning templates. she's working in an architectural firm, that's why. so one day, she used this for her 'personal masterplan'. i followed suit! we ended up staying awake til wee hours in the morning with sheer adrenaline rush keeping us awake!

armed with mental notes that i got from reading "Managing your Finances, Guide to Expats" and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", i was on to a wonderful journey of doing my life's masterplan!

version 1 was for my July 2007 to March 2008 plan. as soon as i finished it, my energy surged and ideas popped into my mind dragging me to do a 5-year plan! that was version 2.

General Objective: To go out of the rat race and have a more meaningful life for the next 5 years

Specific Objectives:

1. To acquire a degree in education (pre-school, elem and high school), a career which i would like to grow old with

2. To achieve financial independence to support my teaching dream (which, unfortunately in the philippines, is a career that is not well-paid)

3. To obtain the means to fuel my other other passions in life: travelling, evangelism, photography, missions and linguistics

4. To obtain short-courses in piano-playing, stenography and sign language (to communicate better with my deaf-mute nephew, who happens to be my fave!)

This is totally a different ballgame... venturing into the unknown! leaving out of the 'comforts' of regular paycheck is scary. i've been preparing myself for this the past years coz i know an abrupt change can be damaging for me. and my biggest comfort is that my life's Architect is Him who is the omnipotent God of the universe, my heavenly Father who knows what's the best for me!

Prov 16:9 "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps"

Prov 19:21 "Many plans are in a man's heart, but the counsel of the Lord will stand"

just drawing up this 'little masterplan' has somehow pulled me out of the crossroads which i've been in and out of, for the past months. but i also know that just like any plan, it can be revised upto version nth! well, that just makes my life more exciting! ;)

No comments: