10.31.2006

Living as if it were your last...



Last year has been a breakthrough in my life when in January, I had this strange strong grasped of what I've always known, yet I've always taken for granted... that is, the beauty of living daily as if it were my last... out of it flowed the intense DAILY appreciation of my walk with God, whether in joy or in pain, in sickness or in health, in scarcity or prosperity...


Dec 2004, for some reason, I had been very much affected with the passing away of a number of personalities i've watched on TV, specially the "unexpected deaths". most of them were not blessed to be taught on how to live a truly meaningful life... and here i am, fully equipped week after week with the full armory, and yet, i have not used it to the fullest... and that realization was the start of it...


Until this day, after a year, I still count each day a blessing... i count each seemingly mundane thing a real blessing such as being able to walk, talk, smile and drive, which others are not blessed to do...i count each part of my body a blessing, whether it looked nice or not... i count each moment I spend with loved ones a blessing, so i focus on the fellowship, and shrug off the inconveniences and overlook non-sinful imperfections of others... i count each opportunity to exercise my faith a blessing, whether in good or bad circumstance... i count my singlehood a blessing, though others in this world find it a curse... i count each dealing of God with me a blessing, whether a pat on my back or a rod of correction... i count each problem, trial and hardship a blessing... i count each opportunity to be of service a blessing, even if it just means sending SMS or emails... because each day will not be the same again... and opportunities will just pass me by...


Out of this very simple and very basic principle that God pressed in me, came out a lot of other
blessings... most importantly, it yielded more love to our faithful and loving Saviour... more love to the brethren... more patience to things that usually irritates me (this has eased so so so much load off my back, i'm telling you)... more sensitivity to the things that hurt the Holy Spirit... more importance to time... more vivid picture of who i really am in this world... more excitment in facing tomorrow and anticipation of the glory ahead of us... and a whole lot more of the truly important things in life! ;)

No comments: