10.31.2006

My Comfort Food Ever


the mere smell of it makes me go .....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... it can turn a worst day into an indulgence. everytime i go home from Dubai, i specifically request my mom to prepare this. Mano just taught me that it goes best with adobo, and yeah, it sure does... oh, my comfort food, my sinigang na buto buto!


people thought we do not have pork here. well, Dubai and the other emirate Ajman sure has plenty of it in selected supermarkets with "Food for Non-Musilm" section. so each time we have a chance, we go get those frozen (unfortunately!) pork bits, veggies, Knorr sinigang mix, and voila, we have our 'ohhlalal'! sans the kangkong, we have a different kind of lettuce that goes well with the pork. you won't believe how much i eat when this is the meal, it's like panic-eating!


Sinigang always comes with good memories... my best friend tina and i used to have our Thursday night sinigang sessions, especially made by Tita! ... every payday and 'bad-hair-day' used to be sinigang day made by Mom. and she says she likes seeing me ravaging a bowlful of this!... bonding time with my nephews and nieces is spiced up by it coz they share the same passion as mine, i guess most Pinoys do! haha!


besides that, here we also have our 'tuyo' and 'daing' sessions... with matching kamayan! wow! feels like home! then, sometimes, we also grab a dose of longanisa.... this ramadan makes me 'diet' a bit coz there are no restaurants open, and no Manang to supply our Pinoy food, so i just have to make do with what Spinney's supermarket offers, wherein my usual are the fried rice and the sauted veggies...



hmmm... im really getting hungry with all this discussion...i guess it's time to cook and put my 'rusty' BS Food Technology skill to test...

No comments: