8.18.2007

Call-in Sick!

i just took a paracetamol. for 2 nights, i've been having bad cases of sore throat-- the first sign for me of low resistance. i gargled with bactidol, chewed losenges and ate hot munggo soup prepared by mano.

i know my body. every year, i have a once-a-year dose of fever, real sickness that lasts for days. maybe this is it for this year. maybe i should not supress it thru all these drugs, but let my body surrender...

maybe it is time that i stop trying to be strong always. accept that humans have down moments, and start appreciating that in my weakness, Someone and some people are my strength.

maybe it is time that i take things really slow. and acknowledge that this is my cooling down period of my shift from the fastlane to the slow lane.

maybe it is time that i put myself in the proper perspective. refrain from thinking that the company will suffer if i don't go to work. that actually sounds more vain, than concerned.

maybe it is time to accept deviations from plans. we plan for the day, but let God work out His plan accordingly.

maybe it is time to enjoy moments of solitude. and catch up on my latest readings such as teacher man, devotionals for women and so many others lying there on my side table.


it's not a bad idea after all to file for sick leave... and come back really refreshed and invigorated!

2 comments:

Paquito said...

Take care and take note of the things you write 'cause you have all the answers right there :-)

Regards from Spain,

Paquito.
http://paquito4ever.blogspot.com

Cecile said...

hope you're all well now... haven't chat with you for quite sometime now. amishu.
;o)