8.25.2007

The Chief End of Man

"The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever".


that is point no. 1 in the the westminster catechism. that is what i have always believed in upto now, but ashamedly erratic in practice. it is such a direct, happy and simple life goal, but 'self' and the 'enemy' has always complicated this. they make me a willing victim to 'merryland' and 'vanityland' and slowly blurs my vision.

i've toiled so hard to make my career CV flourishing (a stark difference with my spiritual CV), and i forget that it is supposed to be just a means (to achive my chief end), and not the end in itself. i keep forgetting. consciously and unconsiously.

one pastor said, "your life vision will guide your present action". and Matthew 6:21 says "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also". such a shame if God will reveal my heart right now. i'm glad He gives me mornings to start anew. new mercies. new hopes.


yes now, i have to focus back to my basic goal, cut out the unnecessary trimmings. i've to re-align my thoughts and efforts. i think i've detoured many times. i need His strenght, i need His guidance. Philippians 4:19 says "and my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus".

and to my investment plans? i know He wants me to be a good steward of His blessings while i am passing by in this world, and yet i have to keep remembering and keep living what Matthew 6:20 says: "but store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where no moth nor rust destroys, and thieves do not break in or steal".

No comments: