2.19.2008

A Sister, A Friend, A Confidante



i don't know why i am writing this now. but anyways, i do not need special reasons to, coz she herself is special enough... (naks!). i'm talking about Manoleth. to those who has been reading my blogs, maybe you are wondering who this 'mano' i refer to always.



we were dormates in college, in Yakal (UP Diliman) wayback in early 90's. but really, we were not close then. she has her own world. we only get together whenever our wing would have gimiks. we call ourselves WestWingOneGirls (WW1). we'd have a lot of group activities from sports fest, to movie nights, to dorm open house, etc. but the fact also that i am a bit (only a bit) older than her, made my circle of friend different from hers.


but things changed after college, when WW1 would always have reunions. we're a group of girls who branched out into different careers, living different kinds of interesting lives, had a bunch of love lives, some got married and some have wonderful have kids now...


last early 2005, when we had an opening in our sharjah office, i immediately thought of her since Nong, her fiance at that time (now they're happily married), was working in Oman. she said yes after a couple of thinking, and finally landed in UAE Nov 2005.

and since then, we've been inseparable. she's like the sister i've never had. she's the answer to my prayers-- i was praying at that time for another friend when Shey got married...
and for the two bonding years, she's been many personas to me:

she's a true friend-- definitely! always there, rain or shine, happy or sad, with dinero or nada dinero. also, will not tell you the things you want to hear, but the things you need to hear.

she's a confidante -- tucks in a lot of my secrets! and of couse, discourses with me when i cannot seem to make up my mind, specially about matters of the heart. she's got great sense between those ears, and has good humor when you needed one. she's not oh-too-serious, not too emotional, but does not take things very lightly as well. she's balanced, i should say.



she's my roommie -- sometimes we'd stay up late just talking and talking about anything under the sun! we'd talk about ourselves, our families, our plans, our works, etc. we do not seem to run out of topics to discuss especially now that we are involved together in many things!


she's my memory bank -- when my memory fails me (which usually happens), she's there to laugh about it first (what a friend! haha!) before she fills in the details.

she's a planner and a dreamer -- oh, we love to plan! but the good thing about her is that she's as fluid as water, as flexible as rubber -- so no hurt feelings if plans don't push thru. she just loves to write, plan, and write, and plan... we both love exploring life plans, and dream about many things...

she's a book reader --she's the person responsible for my current rave about reading. thanks mate! but the funny thing is, i'd end up finishing the books she buys, because she does not finish them at all. she said she'd like to read slowly coz she panics when she has no more book to read! wow! weird...

she's my pen-provider -- she's a pen stealer! haha! be careful with your pens, she has a weird fettish for that. good thing she has not taken any of mine, hahha! (or i just didn't notice? hmmm..)

she's my mind-reader -- finishes my sentence, and knows when i am bluffing. ugh, sometimes i hate that when she verbalizes what i am really thinking even if i've hidden it in my most non-chalant expression.


she's my travel-mate -- even if she really is lazy doing activities (believe me, sleep is equally interesting for her compared with leisure activities), she's been a great companion in qatar, germany and amsterdam... and soon, maldives!




she's my coffee-talk-mate -- oh yeah, she loves coffee!!! and the talks that comes with it. whether at hotel lobbies, at starbucks, or nescafe at home...



she's my movie-mate -- whether at the cinemas, or at home, we love watching movies. we go for the same genre such as romcoms, suspense and at some times, thinking movies. and she also introduced me to the world of TV series such as Friends, Prison Break, 24 and now Alias.


and best of all,


she's my sister -- not by human blood, but by blood of Christ! i praise God for this.



Thanks for being who you are in my life! Thanks for spicing up my stay in UAE! May God bless us with more years of friendship!



1 comment:

Mano said...

wow, what can I say, except thank you for the kind words...the appreciation. most of the time, great friends take for granted the value of verbalizing how special the other person is because one assumes the other person always knows...so I'm extra thankful for this blog...but you should know you are also my friend, my sister and my confidante...and undoubtedly the most important person in bringing me closer to Christ :)